[j-nsp] MX vs. 7600 experience?

Kris Price juniper-nsp at punk.co.nz
Sat Jul 5 23:55:31 EDT 2008

Hi,

We're looking at both the MX and 7600 platforms for our MPLS needs and I
was interested in hearing feedback from people about their experiences -
both positive and negative - with either platforms.

Whatever is selected will be used both as Ps and PEs w/ all 10GE on the
core side. This is a fairly large (continental) deployment, and it will
set the standard internationally for this customer. Main use will be for
IP VPN and EoMPLS, but VPLS may show up in the future too.

Looks like they both will work for our needs. So what it really comes
down to is important things like *stability*, support experience, etc.

If anyone has something they'd rather not express publicly, feel free to
contact me off list.

Feedback is very much appreciated. :)

Cheers
Kris