[j-nsp] OT:Re: Jncis-fw

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:02:16 EDT 2008

I really have no idea what the earning power of a JNCIS-FWV would be,
especially if that was the only certification one held, but if you
want to make the big bucks like me you'll want to couple that cert
with *quite* a few others ;)

All kidding aside, in my opinion, the biggest benefit to having a
JNCIS-FWV right now is that it will give you a leg up on what's going
on with JUNOS with Enhanced Services, especially if you are
considering some of the more recent certifications, like the JNCIS-ES
(Enhanced Services).  Since JUNOS w/ Enhanced Services takes all the
best security concepts from ScreenOS and introduces them into JUNOS,
those who have prior knowledge of ScreenOS operation are going to
benefit from this transition.

And seriously, they got you converting my Network Based Firewall
design from ScreenOS to PIXOS?  That's the funniest thing I've heard
all week... I think I just lost my lunch. ;)

Cheers,