[j-nsp] Querries regarding JNCIS??

Jonathan Crawford jj at powerset.com
Fri Jul 11 03:44:50 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of kevin greenidge
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:09 PM
To: juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [j-nsp] Querries regarding JNCIS??

> I have been planning to give JNCIS.
> I had a few querries, it would be great if you couldbe able to address them.

> 1) I Junos S/w, what are the two ways in which RouterID is chosen.
> a) lowest primary addressb) numerically highest primary address on lo0c) non 127.0.0.1 primary address on lo0.
> I think it is b) and c).

B is incorrect... as the primary address of an interface is always the lowest numerical if no primary is specified. If two or more candidate primaries are specified, then the lowest numerical is selected as the primary.

> 2) Which router should be configured with the sameauthentication string while configuring OSPF authentication.a) All routers on the linkb) All routers in an area.

> Is it a) or b), I think it should be b)

Authentication for OSPF is configured under the "protocol ospf area <areaid> interface <interfaceid> authentication ...", so you can figure that one out from that hint.

> Pls type ur answer here??

> 3) Which multicat mode does AUto RP require?
> Is it sparse dense or dense..??

sparse-dense. RPs are not used in dense mode.

> 4) what are the functions assosiated with JUNOS s/w CoSa) Log incoming traffic.b) Manage ingress b/wc) Mark packets for special handlingd) manage congestion by
> intelligently dropping traffic.e) Manage outbound b/w
> I think is c)d)e)...

Not a realm I delve into much... so someone else will have to answer this one for you.