[j-nsp] BGP and OSPF ECMP

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:22:13 EDT 2008

Does anyone know how to enable ecmp in Junos (I'm on M320 with Junos 9.0)?

I have a vrf with BGP configured for multipath. In the forwarding table I
see only one path installed even though I have two  equal cost physical
links to the  NH.
My IGP is OSPF and in the routing table OSPF is showing two paths (only one
active >) and in the fwd table only one path is selected. How do I force
Junos to select both links.

Similar with LDP which is used for the transport (tunnel) in this VPN
environment.

So it looks to me that multipath in BGP is not taking effect because
underlying protocols (OSPF and LDP) is not utilizing both links??
Thanks,
Marlon