[j-nsp] Application of L2 VPN in Real World Scenario

Simon Chen simonchennj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:19:45 EDT 2008

I have to jump in, since I am also interested :-)

My question is, what do you think the cost/benefit of L2VPN over VPLS?
It seems that L2VPN is restricted to point-to-point and there is a
separate vrf (and a routing table) for each link, while VPLS maintains
a single vrf and routing table. Have you guys thought about using
VPLS? Or is there any problems with it? Maybe scalability?

thanks.
-Simon