[j-nsp] Vpn with rsa

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:17:29 EDT 2008

For dial-up VPN applications, you can configure an Auth or L2TP user
and authenticate them against the SecurID database.  I would recommend
configuring an Auth user as the SecurID cannot assign remote settings
to an L2TP user.  Once you've configured your Auth user account and
set up authentication against the SecurID server, it's really just a
simple matter of specifying the Auth user in the IKE Phase 1 profile.

For more information, you are really going to need to dig into the
manuals.  The "ScreenOS Concepts and Examples Guide Volume 9: User
Authentiation" should provide you an ample starting point.

HTHs.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 3:52 AM, sunnyday <cscosunny at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to configure (if possible ) a vpn with rsa authentication.i have some
> tokens which generate the tokens codes and have setup the securID server.
>
> I already have a IPSEC vpn. I need to know what steps to take to use rsa
> tokens to authenticate when requesting access to the vpn.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thank you

Stefan Fouant
Principal Network Engineer