[j-nsp] Load balancing: hash algorithm

Paul Goyette pgoyette at juniper.net
Thu Jul 17 07:26:13 EDT 2008

The specific algorithm differs on different chipsets, and is
generally considered to be a "trade secret" of Juniper.  This
decision was made several years ago when I suggested filing a
patent application for one of the chipset's algorithm.

Paul Goyette
Juniper Networks Customer Service
JTAC Senior Escalation Engineer
Juniper Security Incident Response Team