[j-nsp] PtP link over FR

Scott Morris swm at emanon.com
Thu Jul 17 07:49:09 EDT 2008

There is no ARP in frame-relay.  More specifically, on a P2P subinterface,
there's no mapping either.  The assumption is that if it's not MY address it
must be yours.  So as long as you believe the other side is within the
defined subnet, then you're good.

If you have 10.1.1.1/24 on one side, and 10.1.1.2/27 on the other, they will
still talk to each other just fine.  At least until you try to run ospf or
something that cares about the netmask!

Scott