[j-nsp] PAT on a single external IP Address?

Sven Juergensen (KielNET) s.juergensen at kielnet.de
Wed Jul 23 04:16:43 EDT 2008

Hm,

there is one problem with this though:
If you want to VIP port 80, the box
tells you that this port is used for
management purposes and won't work:

Firewall-> set int e0/0 vip interface-ip 80 http 1.2.3.4 manual
Not supported service: (ip:2.2.2.2/port:80) is for management of the box.

Is there a way to switch this off so
that port 80 from the external inter-
face can be used? Disabling the
management for that interface either
completely or just 80/443 doesn't
change the above message.

Thanks and regards,

sven03

Sven Juergensen (KielNET) wrote
| Nice,
|
| that actually works and seems quite flexible.
| Perhaps I should check the webfrontend every
| now and then since it offers that kind of
| configuration ;)
|
| Thanks!
|
| Regards,
|
| sven03
|

| GIULIANO (UOL) wrote:
|> You can use VIP and the option: use the IP from the external interface
|>
|> And you can use and external DynDNS service to map the dynamic address
|> to a fixed name.
|>
|>> Well,
|>>
|>> although not documented to my knowledge,
|>> assigning a static IP via ppp to a pppoe
|>> interface and referencing it in a mip
|>> seems to work. ScreenOS somehow holds
|>> the last ppp-assigned IP sticky in the
|>> config so the MIP is valid even after