[j-nsp] Supporting Audit Requirements in JUNOS

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:56:55 EDT 2008

Yeah, I tried something along very similar lines, but I think you are
right, what I am trying to accomplish may not be possible with JUNOS
regexes - I was hoping the regex engine was a bit more powerful
considering JUNOS' rich UNIX background.  What I wanted to do was to
allow the various commits, such as 'commit synchronize comment',
'commit at <time> comment', etc. - so really what I am looking for is
a way to ensure any type of commit operation is permitted so long as
it has the 'comment' option, or vice-versa, deny any commit operation
which does not have the 'comment' option.

I thought JUNOS regexes were POSIX-compliant.  Does anyone know if
JUNOS supports Extended Regular Expressions or does it just support
Basic Regular Expressions?

Cheers!

--
Stefan Fouant