[j-nsp] OSPF metric not taken into account in BGP routing

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:28:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:58 AM, I wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In BGP bestpath selection,
> I expect the Metric2 to be equal to the IGP cost, not "1".
>
> Since it is working on the Ciscos, I suppose there's something wrong
> with my Juniper configs, could someone please tell me what It might
> be?

Alex Arseniev hit the nail on the head: I'm running LDP (and MPLS
etc.), the next-hop routes were not only in inet.0 but also in inet.3,
with a default LDP metric of 1. I needed "set protocols ldp
track-igp-metric"

   http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos53/swconfig53-mpls-apps/html/ldp-config22.html

and suddenly everything is working as I want it to -- at least I've
not seen anything broken yet :-O

Thank you Alex!

(Now why isn't that the default?)
--