[j-nsp] 3rd party DWDM SFPs

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Wed Jun 11 13:06:26 EDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Chuck Anderson wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 06:32:34PM +0200, Jonas Frey wrote:
>> FWLF1613xx are multirate sonet-only SFP's. They can do OC3/OC12/OC48.
>> However they wont work with ethernet applications.

I read the spec sheet on the webpage you first linked to and I read
it as OC3/OC12/OC48 only also.

This does not mean in any fashion that Finisar does not make the
rght SFP for your application. I just have never used a multirate
SFP before that does OC48 and gigE ethernet so I am ignorant about
the choices out there.