[j-nsp] 3rd party DWDM SFPs

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Jun 12 13:10:01 EDT 2008

> > You can get a *little* more info from "show chassis pic":
> >
> > sthaug at cr1.osls> show chassis pic fpc-slot 2 pic-slot 1
> > FPC slot 2, PIC slot 1 information:
> >   Type                             4x G/E SFP, 1000 BASE
> >   ASIC type                        SFP GE FPGA
> >   State                            Online
> >   PIC version                  1.5
> >   Uptime                        175 days, 7 hours, 57 seconds
> >
> > PIC port information:
> >                           Fiber                    Xcvr vendor
> >   Port  Cable type        type  Xcvr vendor        part number     Wavelength
> >   0     GIGE 1000LH       SM    FIBERXON INC.      6128C-SL5051G   1510 nm
> >   1     GIGE 1000LX       SM    CISCO-FINISAR      1000BASE-LX     n/a
> >   2     GIGE 1000LX       SM    CISCO-FINISAR      1000BASE-LX     n/a
> >   3     unknown cable     SM    CISCO-FINISAR      F-WDM-1530      n/a
> >
> > So here we have a 1510nm SFP in 2/1/0 and a 1530nm SFP in 2/1/3. However,
> > it's not the complete EEPROM contents by any means...
>
> Can you get digital diagnostics info from these too?

Depends onm whether the SFP itself is DOM capable or not. Of the two
CWDM SFPs above, the 1510nm is DOM capable, and JunOS shows the info:

sthaug at cr1.osls> show interfaces diagnostics optics ge-2/1/0
Physical interface: ge-2/1/0
    Laser bias current                        :  10.832 mA
    Laser output power                        :  1.8110 mW / 2.58 dBm
    Module temperature                        :  37 degrees C / 98 degrees F
    Module voltage                            :  3.1820 V
    Receiver signal average optical power     :  0.3918 mW / -4.07 dBm
    Laser bias current high alarm             :  Off

while the 1530nm is not:

sthaug at cr1.osls> show interfaces diagnostics optics ge-2/1/3
Physical interface: ge-2/1/3
    Optical diagnostics                       :  N/A

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no