[j-nsp] Is this true

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Jun 18 13:16:40 EDT 2008

Cisco sent us one of these "neutral, unbiased comparisons a few years
ago when we were evaluating routers. The other guy looked very bad until
we realized that the other guy was configured to do RED and the Cisco
was doing tail-drop.

Cisco responded with an "Oops. We'll take that paper off of our web
pages. Very sorry about the bogus information, but it was all the fault
of the company that we hired to do the testing." It might have been
since Cisco defaults to tail-drop and the other vendor defaults to RED.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)