[j-nsp] Track-IP functionality in Junos

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Jun 19 02:07:08 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:56:46PM +0200, Erdem Sener wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Current JUNOS versions only support CLI commands to be triggered via
> op/event scripts. This means that you can't
> currently trigger a configuration change (delete route, deactivate
> neighbor, change localpref etc) based on those.
>
> Altering of the configuration via op/event scripts will be supported
> in 9.3 onwards.

Technically you can make changes to the candidate configuration from an
op/event script just fine, just use the edit-config rpc. The gotcha is
that you can't actually commit the changes from script due to locking
issues. Is this what you're referring to as being fixed in 9.3?

It's been a while since I asked about this one, but you can ghetto-rig it
in a few cases with a netconf system that commits the configuration after
calling the op script. :)