[j-nsp] Best practice to manage log information

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Jun 20 14:40:44 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 06:30:15PM +0700, Beny D Setyawan wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Somehow my m-series hang and need to reboot. JTAC suspected that this is
> due to harddisk busy, since there were so many log that write-erase to
> the harddisk and suggested to reduce that process.

This one is starting to get as old and tired as Cisco and the cosmic rays
being responsible for every IOS crash. Isn't it time for them to load
something new into the catchall bullshit excuse auto-response generator?
I've had RE-2.0 with traveldeathstar's writing plenty of data to disk for
8 years and you know what failed first on almost all of them? The CF. :)