[j-nsp] RED drops on link - scheduler problem

WALLER PAUL Paul.Waller at alcatel-lucent.com.au
Tue Jun 24 06:35:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

Wondering if anybody can shed some light into a problem I have.

Our M20 router is dropping RED & tail packets on our standard queue over
a 10m link with 4m shaping on .  The config is below.  Firstly I thought
it was Standard-remainder-scheduler scheduler-map as it was configured
with remainder & the other 2 scheduler-map's could have been taking the
bandwidth so I configured it with a percentage of 45, while this has
stopped the tail drops the RED drops have continued.  Any help
appreciated.

unit 103

scheduler-map To_FM_Global_scheduler-map

ge-2/2/0 {

            unit 103 {

                scheduler-map To_FM_Global_scheduler-map;

                shaping-rate 4m;

To_FM_Global_scheduler-map {

            forwarding-class nc_premiumnrt scheduler
PremiumNRT-10percent-scheduler;

            forwarding-class business scheduler
FM_GLOBAL_business_scheduler;

            forwarding-class standard scheduler
Standard-remainder-scheduler;

        }

PremiumNRT-10percent-scheduler {

            transmit-rate percent 15;

            buffer-size percent 15;

            priority high;

        }

FM_GLOBAL_business_scheduler {

            transmit-rate percent 40;

            buffer-size percent 40;

            priority low;

        }

Standard-remainder-scheduler {

            transmit-rate percent 45;

            buffer-size percent 45;

            priority low;

        }

drop-profiles {

        standard {

            interpolate {

                fill-level [ 20 40 60 ];

                drop-probability [ 0 50 100 ];

            }

        }

        business {

            interpolate {

                fill-level [ 40 80 ];

                drop-probability [ 0 100 ];

            }

        }

        premiumrt {

            interpolate {

                fill-level [ 90 100 ];

                drop-probability [ 0 100 ];

            }

        }

        premiumnrt {

            interpolate {

                fill-level [ 80 100 ];

                drop-probability [ 0 100 ];

            }

        }

    }

MELSS-ER1> show interfaces queue ge-2/2/0.103 forwarding-class standard

Logical interface ge-2/2/0.103 (Index 249) (SNMP ifIndex 268)

Forwarding classes: 4 supported, 4 in use

Egress queues: 4 supported, 4 in use

Burst size: 2048

Queue: 0, Forwarding classes: standard

Queued: