[j-nsp] MBGP automatic filtering?

michael.firth at bt.com michael.firth at bt.com
Tue Jun 24 11:51:38 EDT 2008

A (hopefully) simple question for someone on here.

When connecting a PE router to a route reflector, there seems to be some form of automatic filtering going on with the bgp.l3vpn.0 table.

On the RR I see the following for a 'show bgp neighbor <pe-address>':
  Table bgp.l3vpn.0 Bit: 20017
    RIB State: BGP restart is complete
    RIB State: VPN restart is complete
    Send state: in sync
    Active prefixes:              9
    Received prefixes:            9
    Suppressed due to damping:    0
    Advertised prefixes:          1156

While on the PE, for a 'show bgp neighbor <rr-address>' I get:
  Table bgp.l3vpn.0
    RIB State: BGP restart is complete
    RIB State: VPN restart is complete
    Send state: not advertising
    Active prefixes:              9
    Received prefixes:            9
    Suppressed due to damping:    0

The PE seems to be doing some form of automatic filtering on the received prefixes from the RR, to only include those that are required for routing-instances it has configured.

Is there any command that can override this, and show the full list of prefixes received from the RR?

Thanks

Michael