[j-nsp] [JUNOS] Equivalent of a shutdown

Samuel samuel.gay at c-s.fr
Tue Mar 4 07:40:40 EST 2008

Hi Group,

Do you know a mean to "shutdown" an interface?
In fact I would like to simulate the lost of an operator link. In such
way that I get:

Samuel at M7i_2FE> show interfaces terse
Interface               Admin  Link     Proto    Local
Remote
fe-1/3/0                down   down

If I use the disable statement I got:

Samuel at M7i_2FE> show interfaces terse
Interface               Admin  Link     Proto    Local
Remote
fe-1/3/0                down   up

A way will be to put the PIC offline, but I work on fix interface
(fe-1/3/0 on a M7i or ge-0/0/0 on J4350).

Thanks for your ideas ...

Samuel