[j-nsp] Nagios plugin to check Juniper hardware

Michiel Timmers michiel.timmers at gmx.net
Thu Mar 13 09:41:37 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I post this here because I think that there are a lot of Nagios users on this list that might find the following useful.

I have enriched a Nagios plugin to check all sorts of Juniper hardware (Routing Engine, Fans, PSU...etc) using SNMP.
The plugin is the based on the 'check_snmp_env' script from Patrick Proy (http://nagios.manubulon.com/) with the addition to check hardware components for Juniper equipment.

Here are some example outputs of a Juniper M5 router:
#./check_snmp_environment.pl -H <ip> -C <snmp> -T juniper
(Routing Engine PCMCIA Card 0): status Unknown, : 14/15 components OK : UNKNOWN

#./check_snmp_environment.pl -H <ip> -C <snmp> -T juniper
(Power Supply B): status Down, : 14/15 components OK : CRITICAL

See the following site for more details and download:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Networking.53.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=1269

Please post your comments..

Michiel