[j-nsp] BGP peering from a VIP address

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 13:21:09 EDT 2008

The motivation is that currently there are a number of devices peering with
a singular router... folks are interested in introducing another router for
redundancy and configuring them in a VRRP group.  They aren't interested in
configuring secondary BGP sessions on a number of devices hence it was
proposed that we simply peer with the VIP address...

And before you say 'route relection' I already went down that path.  It
elimates the multiple peerings, but still introduces the single point of
failure.

For what it's worth, I'm probably going to just push to do two BGP
sessions...

Stefan Fouant