[j-nsp] Which Router

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed May 14 06:23:02 EDT 2008

I can attest that a J2350 with 1G of RAM can take two full tables and run +150Mb/s without a problem.  If you're looking to save money, don't go with the costly Juniper RAM upgrade kit.  I'm not sure if vendors think their memory is lined with platinum, plated in diamond-encrusted gold, and made from the hides of endangered species, but the cost of these RAM upgrades is insane.  You can get a 1G memory stick from Crucial that will work for about $60 as opposed to the $2K or more you would spend on the special kit from Juniper.

-evt