[j-nsp] NetScreen-Remote issues

Sven Juergensen (KielNET) s.juergensen at kielnet.de
Mon May 19 06:37:55 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm facing recurring issues with the NetScreen-Remote
under Windows XP SP2. $SOMETHING every now and then
fubars the installation and a formerly working VPN
out of the sudden won't budge anymore. Most of the time
the client installed something and this happens. Some
older installations of windows also seem to disallow the
software to work entirely. I went through the resolution
path outlined in [1] but to no avail.

Several machines were set up completely new and those
w/o that option were cleansed registry- and filewise.
On some machines this works, on others it's "sucks to
be you".

Are there any free or commercial VPN Clients under active
development anyone can confirm to work with the ScreenOS
6.x tree?

Being aware that more than one VPN client on the same
machine usually results in conflicts, I'm looking for
something less prone to issues. I miss the client from
Cisco, which was way more stable and less susceptible
to conflicts than the Safenet client is.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers,

sven03

[1]