[j-nsp] Q-in-Q configuration on Juniper Gig interface

Stéphane Grosjean Stephane.Grosjean at telindus.fr
Fri May 30 12:01:44 EDT 2008

>The docs I have say flexible-ethernet-services was supported on 1GE SFP
>PICs in 6.3, but there is no support for fixed-optics GE PICs. I haven't
>actually tried it myself (the only GE-SFP PICs I used for double-tagging
>just happened to be IQ), but I'm 99% confident that this works unless a
>lot of people have been lying to me. :)

Take care, flexible-ethernet-services does not work with every PICs (10x 1GE, 1x10GE Xenpak don't support it for example). You can commit the configuration without problem, but if you look at the logs (messages), you'll see there's an issue.

It's sometimes hard to be sure if your hardware can or cannot... hopefully, MX-series solve those kind of issues.