[j-nsp] bgp route advertisements

Mike Johnson harbor235 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 13:44:42 EST 2008

I need some assistance advertising routes via JUNOS, I am familiar with
Cisco CLI.
I must say JUNOS does not make sense to me, yet.

Could someone explain the basics of JUNOS CLI and how it rerlates to
routing.
It appears you configure BGP under protocols and then to advertise you
define a policy.
I am not sure why things are seperated??

Here is what I have, BGP is up but I am unable to advertise a local network?
Is there any good docs for understanding the setup an/or conversion from
Cisco?

version 8.4R1.13;
system {
    host-name Juniper2350;
    root-authentication {
        encrypted-password "$1$9B17TakA$AGlCIwfb83FgydKwZycTg0"; ##
SECRET-DATA
    }
    services {
        web-management {
            http {
                interface [ ge-0/0/0.0 ge-0/0/1.0 ge-0/0/2.0 ge-0/0/3.0 ];
            }
        }
    }
    syslog {