[j-nsp] bgp route advertisements

Boyd, Benjamin R Benjamin.R.Boyd at windstream.com
Wed Nov 5 14:00:41 EST 2008

>I need some assistance advertising routes via JUNOS, I am
>familiar with Cisco CLI.
>I must say JUNOS does not make sense to me, yet.
>
>Could someone explain the basics of JUNOS CLI and how it
>rerlates to routing.
>It appears you configure BGP under protocols and then to
>advertise you define a policy.
>I am not sure why things are seperated??
>
>Here is what I have, BGP is up but I am unable to advertise a
>local network?
>Is there any good docs for understanding the setup an/or
>conversion from Cisco?
>
>version 8.4R1.13;
>system {
>    host-name Juniper2350;
>    root-authentication {
>        encrypted-password
>"$1$9B17TakA$AGlCIwfb83FgydKwZycTg0"; ## SECRET-DATA
>    }
>    services {
>        web-management {
>            http {
>                interface [ ge-0/0/0.0 ge-0/0/1.0 ge-0/0/2.0
>ge-0/0/3.0 ];
>            }
>        }
>    }
>    syslog {
>        user * {
>            any emergency;
>        }
>        file messages {
>            any any;
>            authorization info;
>        }
>        file interactive-commands {
> interactive-commands any;
>        }
>    }
>}
>interfaces {
>    ge-0/0/0 {
>        unit 0 {
>            family inet {
>                address 10.77.1.1/24;
>            }
>        }
>    }
>    lo0 {
>        unit 0 {
>            family inet {
>                address 10.101.101.1/32;
>            }
>        }
>    }
>}
>routing-options {
>    options {
>        syslog {
>            level info;
>        }
>    }
>}
>protocols {
>    bgp {
>        log-updown;
>        peer-as 100;
>        local-as 101;
>        group Cisco {
>            type external;
>            neighbor 10.77.1.2;
>        }
>    }
>}
>policy-options {
> [...]

A good "equivalents" site:

http://networking.ringofsaturn.com/Cisco/ciscojuniper.php

And to advertise non-BGP routes you'll need to export the policies
you've created under [policy-options] in [protocols bgp group Cisco]

-Ben

The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
privileged or confidential information that is intended to be delivered only to the
person identified above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, Windstream requests
that you immediately notify the sender and asks that you do not read the message or its
attachments, and that you delete them without copying or sending them to anyone else.