[j-nsp] Why should I *not* buy an MX?

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:14:22 EST 2008

    I'm not sure I follow.......do you not consider Foundry's MLX and
XMR lines to be 'routers' ?  I admit, they've essentially taken a
switch and taught it to route.....similar to the way Juniper took a
router and are teaching it to switch (MX doing STP, etc).  I think
it's still a relatively apples to apples comparison (albeit perhaps
Macintosh to Fuji apples).  Again, it comes back to what functionality
is required.  For all the testing I've done, both vendors were
successful at nearly all facets.

David