[j-nsp] Autonegotiation on Trirate DPCs - MX

oliver.kupke at cbc.de oliver.kupke at cbc.de
Mon Nov 10 12:22:02 EST 2008

Hi @ all,

i have some issues with autoneg and the tri-rate dpcs on an mx.
We will use them for our new data-center as a server/service aggregation device.

My problem is if I want to connect some devices with 10/100M Ethernet cards, the auto-negotiation wont
Work but I experience no problems with 10/100/1000M Ethernet Cards. So how can I manage to get that
running cause I don't want to reconfigure the servers/mx manually (simply too much of them)

Also the card was sold to us as "tri-rate, autoneg"

Any help strongly appreciated .

Regards
Oliver Kupke
Dipl.-Ing. (FH)