[j-nsp] juniper-nsp Digest, Vol 72, Issue 11

Antonio Del Bianco adelbianco at juniper.net
Tue Nov 11 08:35:30 EST 2008

jnrpnn> Message: 1
jnrpnn> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:11:27 -0600
jnrpnn> From: Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net>
jnrpnn> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Why should I *not* buy an MX?
jnrpnn> To: sthaug at nethelp.no
jnrpnn> Cc: billf at mu.org, juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
jnrpnn> Message-ID: <20081108021127.GK72019 at gerbil.cluepon.net>
jnrpnn> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

jnrpnn> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 10:50:29PM +0100, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
>> >   I've done L2VPN (Kompella), L2Ckt (Martini), VRF, full BGP routes,
>> > LDP, RSVP-TE on an MX960, and it all seems to 'work' so far.
>>
>> VPLS (BGP based), Martini, VRF, full BGP routes, LDP for Martini,
jnrpnn> IPv6,
>> RSVP-TE on MX240 and MX480. It all seems to "just work" here too.
jnrpnn> Found
>> one netflow bug (ifIndex field being set to 0 sometimes in the netflow
>> export).

jnrpnn> Funny you should mention it, yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my
jnrpnn> discovering that bug (both dst ifindex and nexthop fields are populated
jnrpnn> with 0's). If you don't need either of those fields the rest of the data
jnrpnn> is fine, but be warned that it will completely break some third party
jnrpnn> software (like Arbor PeakFlow, for example).

jnrpnn> --
jnrpnn> Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net>
jnrpnn> http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras
jnrpnn> GPG Key ID: 0xF8B12CBC (7535 7F59 8204 ED1F CC1C 53AF 4C41 5ECA F8B1
jnrpnn> 2CBC)

Hi Richard,

 thanks for pointing that out. In fact that is a known PR (problem
 report) which is tracked with number 397439 and the fix for it is
 currently being included into 9.1.

 We found that out last month as soon as we got a Customer reporting
 a similar problem through a case opened with the Juniper Technical
 Assistance Center.

 If you happen to hit an issue or discover any misbehaviour in JunOS
 which hasnt been caught during our systesting prior the official release,
 please let us know and we can work on getting that fixed.

Thanks
Antonio

 ---
 Antonio Del Bianco