[j-nsp] About DLCI on Frame Relay interface

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Nov 13 16:13:36 EST 2008

Once upon a time, lbarrios at NAVEGA.com <lbarrios at NAVEGA.com> said:
> Im using a m10 router  with a t3 interface .   Im using FR encapsulation
> but i would like to know if there is any limit in the number of DLCI that
> it can working.  Actually i have 18 dlci configured and working, but i
> have problems with the number 19.  I can configure , but it doesnt work.
> Do you know if there is any restriction about it.

I know there is a limit, but I don't recall what it is.  However, I had
dozens of DLCIs on a single DS3 at one point, so I know the limit is
much higher than 19.

In our case, virtually every time we had trouble with getting a new PVC
working, the telco had the DLCIs reversed (they weren't always the same
on both ends).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>