[j-nsp] Link aggregation for an L2VPN (Kompella) not load sharing

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:52:03 EST 2008

of   This topic was touched on previously, but none of the proposed
solutions have solved my problem as of yet.  I have 2 gig links (IQ2
pic on T-series) facing a L2VPN (Kompella) customer, and I have done
my best to enable load sharing across them as follows:

[edit policy-options]
dball at router# show policy-statement load-balance
then {
    load-balance per-packet;
}

[edit routing-options forwarding-table]
dball at router# show
export load-balance;

[edit forwarding-options]
dball at router# show
hash-key {
    family multiservice {
        source-mac;
        destination-mac;
    }
}

  Though the docs don't explicitly say so, I'm tending to think that
since MAC tables aren't maintained for L2VPN customers (like they are
for VPLS), perhaps it's not possible to load-share across aggregated
Eth links in an L2VPN on a T-series (running 9.2).  Can anyone prove
otherwise based on experience with a similar situation?  I'd prefer to
not have to convert this cust to VPLS just to get the load sharing
working if possible....

David