[j-nsp] End-to-end classification/queuing not being performed well for VPLS (LDP- or BGP-signalled)

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:49:00 EST 2008

  I discovered that for both BGP- and LDP-signalled VPLS, either a
classifier or rewrite rule is breaking at some point along the way (or
the handling of assigning traffic to queues, or something).  Ingress
queues look good on ingress PE (T-series), as do egress queues facing
the core.  Unfortunately, on the adjacent T-series (whose core port
doesn't support ingress queues, unfortunately), the egress queues are
all messed up facing the customer.  I reproduced this in the lab
between a T- and an MX960 as well.
  I have a ticket open with Juniper and Eng says my config is good,
and that they've reproduced the problem in their lab, but surely I
can't be the first to have encountered this.  Anyone else run across
this behaviour before?  L2VPNs and L2Circuits work fine....the wheels
fall off for VPLS for some reason.

David