[j-nsp] pppoe on e320

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 11:40:38 EDT 2008

Hi,
I have a problem establishing PPPoE session on E320. I seem to get the
negotiation going but right after a PPP IPCP ack, the Juniper sends an IPCP
terminate, and tears down my session.  I cant' seems to find a debug option
to tell me why, but looking at some Juniper docs and it seems like BRAS
functionality is controlled by a separate license...

"From the 'Broadband Access Configuration Guide"

>From Global Configuration mode, configure a B-RAS license:
host1(config)#license b-ras k3n91s6gvtj

B-RAS licenses are available in various sizes to enable subscriber access
for up to one of the following maximum number of simultaneous active IP,
LAC, and bridged Ethernet interfaces:

    * 4000
    * 8000
    * 16,000
    * 32,000
    * 48,000

Do we need to install a license to configure this or is BRAS functionality
supported by default?Thanks,
Marlon