[j-nsp] two questions regarding the virtualized resource isolation

Daniel Lete daniel.lete at heanet.ie
Mon Oct 6 09:32:12 EDT 2008

Hello Simon,
1) Depending on the PIC, there are 4 or 8 queues per physical interface. If you
create subinterfaces they will share the same 4 (or 8 queues). Depending on the
configuration of the queues, traffic in subinterface A can starve traffic in
subinterface B.

2) Logical routers each have their own daemon for the routing protocols they
run, the failure of one does not affect the other. In your question, one OSPF
process under attack in one logical router would not affect the OSPF daemon (or
any other) in the other logical router.

Regards,
Daniel