[j-nsp] [c-nsp] BGP route flap damping

Wed Oct 8 22:32:08 EDT 2008

Hi Ajeet,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, we are multi-homed to our main upstream AS, as well another upstream
provider.

I have taken a brief look at the paper you recommended but have not yet had
the time to digest the information in it.

Meanwhile, can we assume (in general) that the conclusion to my original
post is that route flap damping is more of a "legacy feature" these days and
we can, to a larger extent, disregard it?

--
Ang Kah Yik (bangky) - http://blog.bangky.net