[j-nsp] Junos compare function

Drechsel, Thiago (NSN - BR/Curitiba) thiago.drechsel at nsn.com
Thu Oct 9 15:44:54 EDT 2008

Hi list.

Does anybody know how the compare function works on Junos? I know that
this is a diff between two config files....
But, does Junos do a syntax verification prior comparing?

I'm asking this because I'm trying to compare the candidate with an old
configuration (rollback 31) and I'm receiving the following error:

user at router# show | compare rollback 31
/config/juniper.conf:212:(18) syntax error: enable
  [edit chassis redundancy graceful-switchover]
    'enable;'
      syntax error

PS: Right now, I'm using release 9.0R3.6 that doesn't support the
"enable" on graceful-switchover anymore. Rollback 31 was commited on
8.2R3.6, that supported the "enable" statement.

Thiago Drechsel