[j-nsp] IP Demux interface

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 19:41:49 EDT 2008

Hi  - Does anyone know what exactly are those IP Demux interfaces in Junos? The
documentation says that they are logical IP interfaces mapped into logical
L2 interfaces. What does that exactly mean?

If I have a logical interface 'Int1' unit 100 vlan 1 ip address
10.0.0.0/24and then a demux interface with a demux source configured
as
20.0.0.0/8 that is mapped into Int1, does than that  mean that each packet
that comes on I1 will be inspected for the source address? And then if the
address is from the 20/8 range, a logical instance will dynamically be
created on which filters and CoS can be applied?

Thanks,
Marlon