[j-nsp] web redirection

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 10:03:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:49 AM, SunnyDay <cscosunny at gmail.com> wrote:
> i dont want to redirect traffic for we filtering
> i think just plain web redirection

If I understand you correctly, what you want to perform is something
called Policy-based routing which allows you to forward packets based
on the following six tuples: Source IP Address, Destination IP
Address, Protocol, Source Port, Destination Port, and ToS bits.  This
would allow you to choose a different path for web traffic than the
normal destination route lookup might otherwise choose.  ScreenOS
supports this through the use of extended access lists, match groups,
and action groups.

You can find more information on the topic in the 'ScreenOS Concepts &
Examples ScreenOS Reference Guide: Vol 7, Routing | Chapter 6,
Policy-Based Routing'

Hope that helps!

--
Stefan Fouant