[j-nsp] aggregate and generated routes

Diogo Montagner diogo.montagner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:31:13 EDT 2008

Hi Andrew,

a common practical usage for aggregate routes is on border routers to
advertise it to eBGP peers.
You can use the generate routes, for example, to create a redundancy scenery
for your IGP.

This two kind of routes are very similar. One difference between them is the
default next-hop attribute:

- aggregated routes has default next-hop attribute reject with an option for
discard;
- generated routes has default next-hop attribute an IP address with an
option for discard.

Regards,

./diogo -montagner