[j-nsp] aggregate and generated routes

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:44:26 EDT 2008

I'm mobile and hence can't provide configs, but for all intents and
purposes they are identical with the difference that the generated
route uses the next-hop of the most preferred contributing route as
it's next-hop whereas the aggregate simply uses a discard or a reject
as it's next-hop.

The idea is that who will use the aggregate/generated route to draw
traffic towards you and then once the traffic arrives a more specific
route will be used to forward the traffic on towards it's destination.
If no more specific route exists, the behaviour will largely depend on
whether you've used an aggregate vs. a generated route.

HTHs.