[j-nsp] RSVP error: ignoring Recovery Label 0 unacceptable

Fernando de Aquilino Corrêa Fernando.Correa at tivit.com.br
Thu Oct 23 14:22:46 EDT 2008

Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, the router receiving a label 0 advertisement will understand it is the penultimate hop and will pop the outmost label when sending packets downstream. It looks it's happening within a backup path, so it should not prevent the LSP from coming online. It sounds strange.

I don't have any experience with Huawei routers, but I'd guess you may have some implicit-null/explicit-null compatibility issue. Try setting both to advertise explicit-null labels.

Another thing you can do is to disable fast-reroute temporally on this tunnel just to check if it is the issue. I'm not sure if label 0 should be used with it, but it looks like your Huawei works this way.

Regards,
Fernando