[j-nsp] SNMP interface index change after upgrade to 9.2

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 00:24:09 EDT 2008

  I thought Juniper had sorted out their interface SNMP index
numbering such that they would remain the same, even following a
reboot?  I've been running a simple MRTG instance to monitor some
10Gig core links since 8.4 with no problems.  I recently upgraded from
9.1R1.8 to 9.2R2.15 on my T-Series and most (note: not ALL) of the
core 10Gig links I was monitoring (MRTG) all had a change in their
SNMP index number.  For example, ge-0/0/0 was previously SNMP index
#32, but now appears as #355.
  Anyone else notice this?  Am I incorrect in my previous assumption
that Juniper had solved this issue of SNMP index changes across
reboots?

David