[j-nsp] TCP SYN attack causing BGP peer down?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Oct 28 21:23:04 EDT 2008

--- mtinka at globaltransit.net wrote:
From: Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net>
On Wednesday 29 October 2008 04:05:11 Scott Weeks wrote:

> Could've it sent the CPU of the upstream router through
> the roof?

If they are using a software-based router and it was
overloaded, yes - otherwise, the attack would have
terminated at their router.

I have seen that way back in the past, so I thought I'd mention it just in case.  Either way ras' idea sounded better...  ;-)  Hopefully, the person replies back on what the fix was for the archives...

scott