[j-nsp] tunneling on MX

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:48:30 EDT 2008

Thanks Sean! Please see in-line:

> Don't do it on the RE, unless you want problems.
Marlon: But would this be an option if I wanted to? It seems to me that this
is not even an option.

I also remember running VPLS without it (no-tunneling-service command). Why
> do I need this tunneling mode  than on MX?

You don't - you can also run in no-tunnel mode

Marlon: That's exactly my point. Why don't I need it? What benefit do I get
if I use it vs not? If I don't need it for VPLS, then maybe I don't need it
for bunch of other stuff? Where is the delineation?
Thanks again.
Marlon