[j-nsp] oam 802.1ag

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:48:22 EDT 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to configure  OAM 802.1ag in VPLS and create one MEP (on a ce
interface).
Does anyone know why I'm unable to commit my 802.1ag configuration with this
message:

[edit protocols oam ethernet connectivity-fault-management
maintenance-domain interop maintenance-association 1]
  'mep 11'
    CFM UP MEP sessions on instance vpls1 need 'vlan-id' or 'vlan-tags' to
be configured on that instance
error: configuration check-out failed

{master}[edit]

If I configure vlan-id under my VPLS routing instance, then the CCM packets
are sent over the core (mpls) interfaces with the vlan tags which I clearly
do not want (two mpls labels and then the ccm message encapsulated in
ethernet dot1.q header).

How can I configure oam to send plain ethernet packets without vlan tag?

This is my vpls configuration (on MX960)
Interfaces:
ge-8/2/1 {
    vlan-tagging;
    mtu 1600;
    encapsulation extended-vlan-vpls;
    unit 1 {
        vlan-id 1;
    }
:
:
admin at mx-re0# show routing-instances vpls1
instance-type vpls;
interface ge-8/2/1.1;
interface ge-5/0/0.1;
interface ge-5/0/1.1;