[j-nsp] dhcp-relay on MX

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:41:22 EDT 2008

This counter is incrementing:

Due to no valid local address: 1               -   when I run 'show helper
statisctics'

aadmin at mx-re0# run show helper statistics
bootps:
  Received packets: 1
  Forwarded packets: 0
  Dropped packets: 1
    Due to no interface in fud database: 0
    Due to no matching routing instance: 0
    Due to an error during packet read: 0
    Due to an error during packet send: 0
    Due to invalid server address: 0
    Due to no valid local address: 1
    Due to no route to server/client: 0

For some reason, DHCP Discovers are not forwarded to the DHCP. I have
Wireshark installed on both links (client side and the server side) and I
see packets coming from the client but nothing going out to the server.