[j-nsp] VPN btwn netscreen and cisco

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Thu Sep 18 08:47:16 EDT 2008

Here is a quick example for PIX to Netscreen.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_examp
le09186a00801c4445.shtml

Key issue is that default timers between the two devices are not the same.
Looking at the configuration on the netscreen it states phase 1 lifetime of
26400, while the pix has 86400 in the config. I think this is a doc bug and
the two should be configured the same. The phase 2 lifetime is configured to
3600 on the netscreen, which I believe to be the cisco default.

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com