[j-nsp] ERX Duplicate Accounting Record to 2 Radius

Olaf Baumert juniper at baumert.cc
Wed Sep 24 15:14:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

On 24/09/08 19:55 +0700, Fitter wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. But could you give me some detail how to do
> that? In fact, I may be little confused about using virtual router to
> duplicate the accounting records.

The ERX duplicates the accounting packets to the other vr or vrf
and sends them to the configured accounting server in that vr or vrf.

See JUNOSe docs at
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/junose91/swcmdref-a-m/html/a-commands7.html#325918

It copies saccount start, update and stop.
I'm not sure about accounting on and accounting off.

But, the best solution is to configure the used radius server to
duplicate and forward the accounting messages to the customer.
It's more flexible and easier to handle as you can choose per realm, per
session and so on.

Cheers,

Olaf