[j-nsp] Injecting a route into OSPF

david.roy at orange-ftgroup.com david.roy at orange-ftgroup.com
Thu Sep 25 02:35:21 EDT 2008

Hello,

You can use this :

static {
     route 1.2.3.4/32 {
         discard;
     }

David
-----Message d'origine-----
De : juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] De la part de Matt Stevens
Envoyé : jeudi 25 septembre 2008 07:52
À : juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Objet : [j-nsp] Injecting a route into OSPF

Hi,

I have a /32 that I'd like to redistribute via OSPF, the /32 is part of a larger /24 that's directly connected to an interface of the router. I don't want to advertise the whole /24 for various reasons, just the route for the singe host.

Right now I have a static route:

static {
     route 1.2.3.4/32 {
         next-hop 1.2.3.4;
         no-install;
     }
}

That's then matched in a policy-statement that I use for export in ospf:
term static {
     from {
         protocol static;
         route-filter 1.2.3.4/32 exact;
     }
     then {
         external {
             type 1;
         }
         accept;
     }
}

This seems a little awkward (/32 static with a next-hop of itself) - is there a cleaner way to do this?

Thanks for any tips!
--
matt

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.