[j-nsp] LDP/RSVP interop

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Sep 28 19:34:20 EDT 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 04:08:49 David Ball wrote:

>   You can certainly use both LDP and RSVP on the Juniper
> box with no problems.  RSVP routes in inet3 are preferred
> over LDP routes, so LDP can actually act as a bit of a
> backup in case you had a massive RSVP failure.  I'm doing
> this in my network.
>   Can't speak for the Cisco.

Inter-op for LDP and RSVP between C and J works fine.

Do take some time to look through these threads on the
subject, though:

http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2008-June/010549.html
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2008-May/010395.html
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2008-April/010247.html

On the Cisco side, note that it is generally recommended to
tunnel LDP within RSVP, particularly if you're deploying
l3vpn's. This is done by configuring 'mpls ip' on the RSVP
tunnel interface.

Cheers,

Mark.